Hotfoot Stompers in the News
September 2013 - Hotfoot Stompers Hopes to Reel in Teens
January 2013 - Hotfoot Stompers Gets Area Square Dancers on Their Feet
We are a large and active square dance club in the Twin Cities (Minneapolis-St. Paul, Minnesota). We have 150 members and continue to grow. We hold monthly dances on the second Saturday of each month from September through May, provide lessons for new dancers, and participate in social activities.
Our Social Committee plans many outings such as bike trips, golf outings, boat rides, trips to various theaters, and a trip to the North Shore.
We also have demonstrations during the summer such as Blaine's Blazing Fourth, Clearwater Days, New Brighton Stockyard days and Northtown Mall. Our demonstration schedule changes each year but we all enjoy the demos and try to recruit new dancers to Square Dancing. All these activities are sponsored by the Hotfoot Stompers Square Dance Club and are open to all of our members as well as to members of other clubs.
When you join a square dance club, you immediately gain friends who share a common interest. There is no easier way to have fun, get exercise, and meet great people.
If you are thinking about square dancing, please come to one of our demos or come to our first lesson in September at the Northdale Middle School, 11301 Dogwood St., Coon Rapids, Minnesota. The first two lessons are free.
Hotfoot Stompers Queen
2016-2017 Michelle Jenson
2015-2016 Julie Bittner
2014-2015 Queen Deb
2013-2014 Queen Pat
2012-2013 Queen Beth
2011-2012 Queen Marian
2010-2011 Queen Marie
2009-2010 Queen Nancy
2008-2009 Queen Gloria
2007-2008 Queen Fran
2006-2007 Queen Carol
2005-2006 Queen Audrey
2004-2005 Queen Marion
2003-2004 Queen Ginny
Vice Presidents: position available
Treasurer: Jack Klaesges
Vice Treasurer: Marv Greeninger
Secretary: Terri Axelson
Past President: Roger & Carol Dahl
Sunshine Contact: Roger & Carol Dahl
Queen: Rosemary Valentine
Banner Chief: position available
Chatter Editor: Gary Kemmetmueller
Historian: position available
Photographer: position available
The ROUNDUP Reporter: Gloria maybe
Spotlight Editor: Michele Kemmetmueller
Website Webmaster: Rachel Katkar
Caller Booker: Jerry & Nancy Knoth
Decorating Committee: Betty Lou Elfert, Terry Cathers, Jane Bratager, Coni Winterfeld,
Bob Johnson (storage)
Door Prizes: position available
Greeters: Queen Rose, Virgil & Marion Rasmussen
Lesson Set Up Committee: Jim & Sandy Quasbort
Lesson Cleanup Committee: Barbara Caliendo, position available
Marketing Committee: Les Maier, Michelle Jensen, Katie Weyenberg
Mystery Bus Trip Committee: positions available
North Shore Weekend: Andy Hybben, Beth Boatz, Lee & Peggy Kohl
Pop Committee: Jerry Elfert
Sign Place: Jerry Steinworth
Social Committee: Frank & Sandy Amore, Roger & Carol Dahl
State Convention Dinner Planner: position available
Summer Campout Planners: position available
Telephone Committee: Cathy Gates (leader+ Hotfoot News+roster+communicator), Barb Middelstadt, Vivian Gillespie
---------------------- Coordinators -------------------------
Community Ed Contact: Cathy Gates
Dance Service Coordinator: Peggy Decker
Demo Dance Coordinator: Bruce Decker
Student Coord: Michelle Jenson
Social Media Coordinator: Katie Weyenberg
Singles Rotate Bd: Wayne Tauer, Cathy Gates, Judy Hale, Bruce Decker
January 31, 2017
President: Roger Dahl called the meeting to order at 6:30 at the Anoka County Library, Northtown branch. Twenty members were in attendance.
Treasurer: Jerry Elfert presented the Treasurer’s Report for 1/1/16 through 12/31/16 and provided a financial recap. Balance as of 1/25/17 is $8,261.21, which includes approximately $900 for the benevolent fund. Accounts were audited in July when Jerry took on the role of club treasurer. In 2016 the club successfully accomplished a goal approved at the business meeting held August 8, 2016 – to spend-down the large cash reserve. Over $3,640 was used in 2016 to subsidize events and to increase club membership. Treasurer Jerry Elfert recommended that the club return to subsidy levels in place prior to the spend-down. Motion was made, seconded and carried to accept the treasuerer’s report.
Secretary: Terri Axelson gave a brief summary of minutes from the business meeting held August 8, 2016. Motion was made, seconded and carried to accept the meeting minutes.
President Roger Dahl provided updates on four options for spending down the club’s bank balance:
- Host a free barn dance for Hotfoot members; this option has not been pursued.
- Offer first three lessons free to new students; this option has been completed.
- Offer each student a free ticket to Hotfoot’s January and February new-dancer dances; offer eachgraduate two free tickets to Hotfoot dances. Tickets for the January dance were not distributed to students, but they have been provided for the February dance.
- Schedule a “catch-up lesson” a few weeks after lessons began; the catch-up lesson occurred.
- John Hibbard shared details about hosting the annual banquet at the Pizza Ranch in Andover. The meeting room is available 6PM-9PM, Monday, May 22, 2017. A buffet of pizza, chicken, beverages, and dessert would cost $15 per person, with a 10% rebate returned to the club. Motion was made, seconded and carried to go to Pizza Ranch for the banquet and to charge $15. Motion was made, seconded and carried for the club to subsidize a maximum of $150 for door prizes.
- Bill Reichenborn presented estimated expenses for the Mystery Bus Trip. Estimates include bus ($900), meal ($14 per person), dance admission ($7 per person) for a total of approximately $2,000. Motion was made, seconded and carried to charge $25 for the Mystery Bus Trip and for the club to subsidize an additional $15 per person. Bill will bring sign-up sheets to lessons and begin to collect payments.
- President Roger Dahl mentioned recognition awards and requested that members nominate other members for recognition. Michelle Jenson will bring the forms to lessons.
Terri Axelson, Secretary